Thursday, September 20, 2007

More On The Best Biker Poetry Sites

There's been a lot of interest here at Kano's eCoffee House in my previous post on the best motorcycle biker poetry sites. So I thought I'd give you all an update on what my favorite biker poet "Uglicoyote" is up to now.

Bill Uglicoyote Davis of Hard Ride and Songs of the Open Road has an excellent article published over at motorcyclegoodies.com titled "Some Thoughts on Bikerpoetry." The article also will be appearing in The Connecticut Cruise News newspaper.

Uglicoyote knows his stuff too. When he's not riding his Harley, writing poetry or blogging he's teaching high school English in Pocatello, Idaho.

In the article Uglicoyote writes an introduction to the genre of biker poetry. Then he goes on to feature some good examples by "Wild Bill" Rogers of Alaska, Chopperkate, and Sorez.

Uglicoyote compares the similarities between bikers and biker poetry and cowboys and cowboy poetry. The article poetically illustrates his point and concludes with one of his own "The Cowboy and the Biker." The poem was inspired by a real event on the road to Sturgis.

3 comments:

irondad said...

Speaking of Uglicoyote, you mentioned earlier that you were looking for a neat name.

How about Vol-Kano?

Dan

Kano said...

irondad-I'm still looking, your suggestion is good though, Vol-Kano might just be the moniker I'm looking for. Especially since I almost live in the shadow of Volcanos Stadium

irondad said...

I won't be offended if you don't use it. I was just trying to find something to go "kano" .